Children and Young People Scrutiny Committee
Purpose of committee
Scrutiny is a statutory role fulfilled by councillors who are not members of the cabinet.
The role of the scrutiny committees is to help develop policy, to carry out reviews of council and other local services, and to hold decision makers to account for their actions and decisions.
The remit of the Children and Young People Scrutiny Committee includes scrutiny of:
· Children’s social care including safeguarding
· Online teaching and home learning
· Signs of Safety
· Children and families policy framework items
· Statutory education scrutiny powers
· Children’s mental and physical health and wellbeing
· Schools investment programme
· Children’s Improvement Board and the oversight of the required improvement journey.
For further information, please see Scrutiny at Herefordshire Council.
- Councillor Graham Andrews
- Wiktor Daron Representative of the Archdiocese of Cardiff
- Councillor Toni Fagan
- Councillor Jennie Hewitt (Vice-Chairperson)
- Councillor Phillip Howells (Chairperson)
- Councillor Helen I'Anson
- Andy James Parent governor representative for the special school sector
- Councillor Mike Jones
- Sam Pratley Representative of the Diocese of Hereford
- Fiona Reid Representative of Families
- Councillor John Stone
Support officer: Simon Cann, Democratic Services Officer.
Phone: 01432 260667