Connected Communities Scrutiny Committee
Purpose of committee
Scrutiny is a statutory role fulfilled by councillors who are not members of the cabinet.
The role of the scrutiny committees is to help develop policy, to carry out reviews of council and other local services, and to hold decision makers to account for their actions and decisions.
The remit of the Connected Communities Scrutiny Committee includes scrutiny of:
· Talk Business programme, advice and support
· Development investment plans - town, market town, rural, Hereford City
· Hereford Enterprise Zone
· Higher education development
· Adult and community learning programme
· Fastershire programme
· Digital connectivity
· Heritage, culture and tourism
· Social value procurement policy
· Capital highway maintenance, asset management and infrastructure repair
· Council housing
· Statutory community safety and policing scrutiny powers
For further information, please see Scrutiny at Herefordshire Council.
[note: information about the council’s former General Scrutiny Committee (2012-2022) can be found here]
- Councillor Paul Andrews
- Councillor Tracy Bowes (Vice-Chairperson)
- Councillor Barry Durkin
- Councillor Toni Fagan
- Councillor Kath Hey
- Councillor Jim Kenyon
- Councillor Jonathan Lester (Chairperson)
Support officer: Ben Baugh, Democratic Services Officer.
Phone: 01432 261882