Community Asset Transfer (CAT) via grant of leases in land at Ashley Farm Grafton and Newton Farm to Growing Local Community Interest Company CIC and Belmont Wanderers FC and a development agreement between both tenants and Herefordshire Council to
• Since the decision of 22.05.22 referred
to above further legal advice has been provided to the Southside
Project members that separate leases to the group members with an
agreement to share the proposed community building is a more
efficient means of delivering the project than setting up a
completely new CIC
• The land at Ashley Farm and Newton Farm is owned by the Council and comprises a block of agricultural land and a sports ground already leased to Belmont Wanderers Football Club who have agreed to surrender their existing lease.
• The Southside Project Group which includes Growing Local CIC (who encourage and educate communities to grow and eat local food) and Belmont Wanderers FC have been identified as a recipient of Stronger Towns funding which forms part of the Governments’ levelling up agenda to deliver community facilities to enhance the well-being of local residents.
• In line with the council’s CAT policy the Southside Project members have submitted reasoned and detailed business cases demonstrating the community/sporting/educational value they can deliver as a result of the grant of the leases and that they have financial resource at their disposal to take on responsibility for the property and deliver the identified outputs.
• The business cases have been evaluated by a panel of officers from across the council and has recommended that the grant of the leases is progressed
• The leases will be subject to confirmation that all necessary planning and other statutory consents have been sought and obtained
• In addition to the leases a development agreement is required to deal with the construction of the proposed new community building which will be used to provide the community/sporting/educational services required by the Stronger Towns funding
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 16/11/2023
Decision due: 10 November 2023 by Strategic Assets Delivery Director
Contact: Sarah Jowett, Strategic Assets Delivery Director Email: Sarah.Jowett@herefordshire.gov.uk Tel: 01432 383302.