Lease in respect of Unit 43, 1-2 The Atrium, Maylord Orchards Centre, Hereford
1. The unit is currently vacant. It was
planned to be used as part of the library project and as such is
available on a short term basis.
2. The tenant’s wishes to take a lease of the property.
3. The Shopping centre comprises multiple retail units, some of which have been vacant for some time and it is important that occupation levels are maximized so that the holding costs incurred by the Council are mitigated.
4. The Council’s external agent for the centre Wright Silverwood has recommended the action.
5. The Terms agreed leave the Tenant responsible for payment of the rent, landlord Service Charge, business rates, insurance, utilities and internal repairs.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 14/09/2023
Decision due: 8 September 2023 by Strategic Assets Delivery Director
Contact: Sarah Jowett, Strategic Assets Delivery Director Email: Sarah.Jowett@herefordshire.gov.uk Tel: 01432 383302.