Lease for Air Quality Monitoring Station on land at Poppy Walk (Staddlestones Circle Open Space) Hereford
• The land comprises a small plot of land
(less than 2m²) forming part of the Staddlestones Circle
public open space at Poppy Walk Hereford which is owned by the
• The Environment Agency (EA) have requested that the council grant them a lease permitting them to install a monitoring station on the land to enable them to monitor air quality in the vicinity.
• The monitoring station will form part of the national network aimed at gathering data to assess compliance with The Environmental Targets (Fine Particulate Matter) (England) Regulations 2023.
• The grant of a lease constitutes a disposal of public open space and will be advertised in the local press in line with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1972
• Terms for a lease have been provisionally agreed providing for the payment of an annual rent for the land and on the basis that the EA will pay the council’s legal and advertising costs to a maximum of £1,000.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 14/09/2023
Decision due: 5 September 2023 by Strategic Assets Delivery Director
Contact: Sarah Jowett, Strategic Assets Delivery Director Email: Sarah.Jowett@herefordshire.gov.uk Tel: 01432 383302.