Issue of resident parking permit under exceptional circumstance
The resident at the property has identified an
‘exceptional need’ as stated with the Traffic
Regulation Order (TRO) for the council to issue a permit.
The resident parking policy states that decision in this respect are determined on the following:
• An exceptional (non-commercial) need for the applicant to have access to on-street parking in the vicinity of their property
• The availability of on-street parking in the locality and time when parking is most likely to occur;
• Whether the applicant has access to alternative parking
• Whether other similar requests would be expected to be fulfilled (e.g. from households in the same development or street);
• The support and promotion of sustainable travel in the locality.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 09/09/2021
Decision due: 8 September 2021 by Officer Decision - Economy and Place
Contact: James.Hughes, Parking Strategy & Processing Manager Email: James.Hughes@herefordshire.gov.uk Tel: 01432 260975.