Herefordshire schools forum
Purpose of committee
The Schools Forum
The Schools Forum is established by virtue of 47A of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 (as amended by the Education Act 2002) and Regulations.
The Membership is made up of Schools Members (head teachers or governors) drawn from maintained schools and academies on a broadly proportionate basis based on pupil numbers in each category and Non-school Members (Early Years representatives, Diocesan Authorities, Trade Union Representatives and a 16-19 provider representative.).
The term of office of members is three years. The current term runs from 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2021. There is no limit on the number of terms that may be served.
Meetings are open to the public. Agenda papers are published and available on the website at least one week in advance of a meeting.
The current constitution of the Herefordshire Schools Forum may be read at http://councillors.herefordshire.gov.uk/ecSDDisplay.aspx?NAME=SD4613
The Department for Education Schools Forum operational and good practice guide includes information on the constitutional and organisational requirements for schools forums including the powers of schools forums and the arrangements for the election and nomination of members.
- David Bennett Academies
- Christine Bryan Academies
- Pat Burbidge Archdiocese of Cardiff
- Julie Cohn (Chairperson) Academy Special School Representative
- Alex Davies Academies
- Nicki Emmett Academies
- Nicki Gilbert LA Special Schools
- Georgie Griffin Secondary Governors
- Edward Gwillim 16-19 Providers
- Joe Hedges Primary Governors
- Martin Henton LA Maintained Secondary Schools
- Ali Jackson Early Years Representative
- Sue Jenkins Local Authority Maintained Primary School
- Paul Jennings Academies
- Steve Kendrick Local Authority Maintained Primary School (with Nursery)
- Tim Knapp Academies
- Tracey Kneale Local Authority Maintained Primary School
- Chris Lewandowski Trade Unions
- Sian Lines Diocese of Hereford
- Rose Lloyd Early Years
- Norman Moon Local Authority Maintained Primary Schools
- Paul Deneen Trade Unions
- Kathy Weston (Vice-chairperson) Local Authority Maintained Primary School
Support officer: Sarah Buffrey, Governance Services.
Phone: 01432 260176