Herefordshire Schools Forum
Purpose of committee
The Schools Forum
Each local authority is required by law to establish a schools’ forum. Details of the current requirements are set out in the Schools Forum (England) Regulations 2012.
The forum considers matters relating to funding for schools and settings in Herefordshire. It acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision making body on others.
The schools forum is made up of representatives from local authority maintained schools, academies and some non-school organisations, specifically Early Years providers, Diocesan Authorities, Trade Unions and a 16-19 education providers. The allocation of seats between local authority schools and academies is designed to be broadly proportional to the number of pupils attending such schools.
Details of the current membership of the Herefordshire Schools Forum can be found below.
Meetings are open to the public. Agenda papers are published and available on the council website at least one week in advance of a meeting. Please see listings at Browse meetings - Herefordshire schools forum - Herefordshire Council.
The current constitution of the Herefordshire Schools Forum may be read at: Schools Forum constitution
The Department for Education Schools Forum operational and good practice guide includes information on the constitutional and organisational requirements for schools forums including the powers of schools forums and the arrangements for the election and nomination of members.
- Alison Banner (Vice-Chairperson) LA maintained secondary schools
- Beverley Blower PRU - Management Committee
- Dan Brearey LA Maintained Primary School
- Christine Bryan Academies
- Alex Davies Academies (primary)
- Paul Deneen Trade Unions
- Nicki Emmett Academies
- Richard Foster Academies (primary)
- Nicki Gilbert LA Special Schools
- Andy Gosling Secondary Governors
- Georgie Griffin Primary Governors
- Edward Gwillim 16-19 Providers
- Sue Jenkins Local Authority Maintained Primary School
- Paul Jennings Academies
- Steve Kendrick Local Authority Maintained Primary School (with Nursery)
- Tim Knapp Academies
- Chris Lewandowski Trade Unions
- Sian Lines Diocese of Hereford
- Rose Lloyd Early Years
- Jenny Preece (Secretary)
- Sheila Taylor Academy Special Schools
- Kathy Weston (Chairperson) Local Authority Maintained Primary School
Support officer: Jenny Preece, Democratic Services Officer.