Wye Catchment Nutrient Management Board
Purpose of committee
The Nutrient Management Board will be the responsible body for ensuring the delivery of the Conservation Objectives for the River Wye Special Area of Conservation. It will provide oversight and direction to all involved in delivering the Nutrient Management Plan.
Terms of reference
1. The objective of the board is to identify and deliver actions that achieve the phosphorous conservation target of the River Wye SAC. The primary mechanism for achieving this will be through the delivery of the Nutrient Management Plan.
2. Board members will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of identified actions for their respective organisations and for identifying and obtaining the necessary resources to deliver the actions.
3. The board will work together to review contributions across all organisations, working collaboratively to achieve the objectives and ensuring all members understand the issues and work together to resolve them.
4. The board will review performance and delivery of actions within the plan and take timely corrective action where identified. The contributions of all organisations will be discussed as a whole.
5. The Nutrient Management Action Plan will initially be reviewed annually and be subject to regular updates. The Nutrient Management Plan will be reviewed every 4 years as detailed in the action plan.
6. The board will be supported by input from a Technical Group to help inform their decisions with the board agreeing the frequency of Technical Group meetings.
7. The board will direct the Technical Group where additional actions or evidence is required.
This is a partnership meeting with its own terms of reference (see above), Herefordshire Council’s Constitution does not regulate how it operates. Information on the activity of the board prior to March 2022 can be accessed via this link.
- Merry Albright Herefordshire Construction Industry Lobby Group
- Helen Dale Countryside Landowners Association
- Simon Evans The Wye and Usk Foundation
- Jenny Gamble Environment Agency
- David Lee Natural Resources Wales
- James Marsden Brecon Beacons National Park
- Claire Minett Natural England
- Fergus O'Brien Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
- Craig O'Connor Monmouthshire County Council
- Councillor Sid Phelps Forest of Dean District Council
- Phil Crossland Herefordshire Council
- Helen Stace Herefordshire Wildlife Trust
- Councillor Elissa Swinglehurst (Chairperson) Herefordshire Council
- Grace Wight Environment Agency
- Martin Williams National Farmers Union
Support officer: Simon Cann.
Phone: 01432 260667