Agenda and minutes
Venue: Online meeting only
Contact: Caroline Marshall, Democratic Services
Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence.
No apologies for absence were received.
Named Substitutes (if any)
To receive any details of Members nominated to attend the meeting in place of a Member of the committee.
There were no substitutes present at the meeting.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of interests in respect of Schedule 1, Schedule 2 or Other Interests from members of the committee in respect of items on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest made.
To consider an application for a grant of a premise licence in respect of Hereford Rugby Football Club, Wyeside, Belvedere Lane, Hereford. HR4 0PH under the Licensing Act 2003.
The re-convened sub-committee on 20 August 2021 heard from the technical licensing officer who outlined the report.
The sub-committee then heard from the applicant’s agent
· The application was confined to the footprint of the club house and not the surrounding grounds.
· The application did not cover regulated entertainment outside of the licensable area
· An explanation of the temporary event notices was provided and it was noted that there was normally only one during the year for the annual dinner.
· There had been a temporary event notice in place in respect of the 31 July 2021 where it appeared that a noise complaint had been received. Details of this event were provided and it was noted that the president of the club had checked the sound levels during the sound check and had requested that the sound be turned down.
· Attention was drawn to the fact there were no other complaints since 2016 and no objections from responsible authorities.
· Third parties did apply for temporary event notices relating to the grounds of the club and these did not relate to the current application.
· Following a meeting with local residents, there was an agreed way forward with a nominated representative from the local residents being identified.
The licensing technical officer outlined the process for submitting requests for temporary event notices. It did appear that there was an issue with the connectivity between the council’s system and gov.uk. The council would look into the issue.
The committee carefully considered all the representations, reports and evidence before them today. They have had regard to their duties under S4 of the Licensing Act and considered guidance issued under s182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and Herefordshire Council’s statement of licensing policy.
The sub committee’s decision was to grant the licence as applied for with the following modification:
Live Music (Indoors), Recorded Music (Indoors)
Monday – Thursday 12:00 – 23:00, Friday – Saturday 12:00 – 23:59
Late Night Refreshment (Indoors/Outdoors)
Friday – Saturday 23:00 – 23:59
Sale/Supply of Alcohol (consumption on and off the premises)
Sunday – Thursday 10:00 – 23:00
Friday – Saturday 10:00 – 23:59
The licensing sub committee had heard from the licensing technical officer, applicant, applicant’s agent, the public representations and had carefully considered the written representations and the published supplements.
The sub-committee had filtered out what issues related to the grounds and the area clearly identified in the application, but acknowledged that due to the location of the club house it had been difficult.
The sub-committee were pleased that there had been dialogue between the applicant and residents and would hope that this would be maintained.
In order to promote the licensing objectives, specifically the prevention of public nuisance, the sub-committee decided to grant the licence as requested but with a modification to the hours on Fridays and Saturdays. The non-standard timings requested in the application were not modified.