Issue - meetings
Leaders report to Council
Meeting: 09/12/2022 - Council (Item 46)
To receive a report from the leader on the activities of the executive (cabinet) since the meeting of Council on 21 October 2022.
- Appendix 1- Decisions Implemented since October 2022, item 46 PDF 221 KB
- Appendix 2 - 2022 to 2023 Delivery Plan, item 46 PDF 2 MB
Council received and noted the Leader’s Report which provided an update on the work of the cabinet since the previous ordinary meeting of Council on 21 October.
Council questioned the Leader and the following actions were raised:
· To produce a written response to an outstanding action from the previous meeting of Council (21 October) to provide a statement on the outcome of the review of the number of cases of fabricated or induced illness (FII) in Herefordshire.
· To produce a written response in response to a question regarding: progress to return Children’s Services staff to Plough Lane; processes to improve data collection and the reliability of data; an update on agency staff; and an update on the appointment of administrative staff.
· The Leader to discuss with the Chief Executive a potential meeting with the former Chairperson of the children’s scrutiny committee regarding the outcomes of the external investigation into the failure to disclose reports to the scrutiny committee.
· To produce a written response to a request for an update on the establishment of forums to engage with children, families and partners of the Council.
· To produce a written response to a request for a briefing on recent announcements and impacts upon the current validity of the wetlands scheme and its integrity going forward.
· To produce a written response to a question regarding the implementation of Biodiversity net gain in Herefordshire.
· To produce a written response in reply to a query regarding the pooling of water on the St Owen’s Street cycle lane.
· To produce a written response to a question to consider the inclusion of Home Share in the sustainable, cost-effect and versatile market envisaged under the recent Commissioned Home Care decision.
There was an adjournment at 1:30 p.m.; the meeting reconvened at 2:05 p.m.