Issue - meetings
212514 - LOWER MOSEWICK FARM, BIRCHWOOD LANE, STORRIDGE, HEREFORDSHIRE, WR6 5DU
Proposed conversion of redundant rural buildings to conference hall and offices for charity use.
Application approved in accordance with the case officer’s recommendation.
In accordance with the criteria for public speaking Mr Fry, the applicant's agent, spoke in support of the application.
In accordance with the council's constitution the local ward member provided a statement on the application which was read aloud to the committee. In summary, she explained that the application was before the committee due to a conflict with the principles of policy RA5 of the council's core strategy. However the commitment of the council through the Armed Forces Covenant and the social benefits associated with the proposal overcame the conflict with planning policy. The application was supported but the committee was urged to place a condition on the permission to ensure that the development would be used for its stated purpose and for social benefits in perpetuity.
The committee debated the application.
The committee queried a condition to ensure that the development was used for its stated purpose and to provide the social benefit it provided into the future.
The lead development manager explained that condition 3 in the proposed permission would ensure that the development would only be for the benefit of the charitable organisation that had made the application.
A motion that the application be approved in accordance with the case officer’s recommendation was proposed by Councillor Paul Andrews and seconded by Councillor John Hardwick.
The motion was put to the vote and was carried unanimously.
That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions and any other further conditions (amendments) considered necessary by officers named in the scheme of delegation to officers:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: Required to be imposed by Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2. The development shall be carried out strictly in accordance with the approved plans except where otherwise stipulated by conditions attached to this permission. The following constitutes the approved plans:
· HA38690_PL_02_B (Location Plan);
· HA38690_PL_03_D (Block Plan);
· HA38690_PL_10_B (Site Plan);
· HA38690_PL_11_B (Proposed GF Plan - CONFERENCE HALL);
· HA38690_PL_12_D (Proposed FF Plan - CONFERENCE HALL);
· HA38690_PL_13_D (Proposed Floor Plans – Office);
· HA38690_PL_15_C (Conference Hall Elevations);
· HA38690_PL_16_E (Office Building Elevations); and
· 22-OP-1211 A1/001 (Proposed Site Layout);
Reason: To ensure adherence to the approved plans in the interests of a satisfactory form of development and to comply with Policy SD1 of the Herefordshire Local Plan – Core Strategy, Policy CNDP9 of the Cradley Neighbourhood Development Plan and the National Planning Policy Framework.
3. This permission shall enure for the benefit of the charity ‘Reset’ only and not for the benefit of the land or any other persons interested in the land.
Reason: The nature of the development is such that it is only considered acceptable in this location having regard to the applicant's special circumstances having regard to Policy RA5 of the Herefordshire Local Plan – Core Strategy and the National Planning Policy Framework and that the application represents a ... view the full minutes text for item 53