Issue - meetings
2022/23 Capital Investment Budget and Capital Strategy Update
Meeting: 11/02/2022 - Council (Item 37)
To approve the capital investment budget and capital strategy for 2022/23 onwards.
- Appendix A - Proposed capital investment additions for 22/23, item 37 PDF 266 KB
- Appendix B - Current status of approved capital programme, item 37 PDF 102 KB
- Appendix C - Total proposed capital programme, item 37 PDF 109 KB
- Appendix D - Proposed capital strategy, item 37 PDF 683 KB
- Appendix E - Outline Business Cases for capital investment proposals, item 37 PDF 6 MB
Council considered a report by the Leader to approve the 2022/23 capital investment budget and capital strategy update.
The cabinet member finance, corporate services and planning moved the report and proposed the recommendations.
The Leader seconded the report and the recommendations.
Council debated the report and the following actions were raised:
· To provide a written response to detail the split in capital expenditure across Hereford, the market towns and rural areas.
· To provide a written response to confirm if the backlog of highway maintenance issues includes work required to the public rights of way network.
· To provide a written response to clarify the relationship between the £0.416 increase to the Disabled Facilities Grant and the £6.0m estimated annual (DFG) for the next three years. To include confirmation as to whether underspent DFG budget was carried forward to the next financial year.
· To provide a written response with detail of specific projects or schemes to benefit from expenditure through the market towns economic investment plan.
The 2022/23 capital investment budget and capital strategy update was put to the recorded vote and carried unanimously.
FOR (49): Councillors Paul Andrews, Bartlett, Bartrum, Bolderson, Boulter, Bowen, Bowes, Chowns, Crockett, Davies, Durkin, Fagan, Foxton, Gandy, Guthrie, Hardwick, Harrington, Harvey, Hewitt, Hey, Hitchiner, Howells, I’Anson, James, Jinman, Johnson, Mike Jones, Kenyon, Lester, Marsh, Matthews, Millmore, Milln, Norman, Phillips, Price, Probert, Rone, Shaw, Stark, Stone, Summers, Swinglehurst, Symonds, Tillett, Toynbee, Tyler, Watson and Wilding.
RESOLVED: That Council:
a) approve the proposed capital programme from 2022/23 attached at appendix C; and
b) approve the capital strategy at appendix D.
There was an adjournment at 11:09 a.m.; the meeting reconvened at 11:22 a.m.