Issue - meetings
Covid 19 Recovery Plan
Meeting: 24/06/2021 - Cabinet (Item 15)
To approve the Covid 19 Recovery Plan 2021/22 delivering the immediate actions required to enable short term economic, community wellbeing and organisational recovery. The plan is centred on three key areas; Economic, Community Wellbeing and Organisational recovery.
The Leader of the Council introduced the report, details of which are set out in the agenda pack.
In discussion of the report, the cabinet members noted that:
· The recovery plan was positive and would build resilience.
· There would be health, environment and economic benefits.
· The current situation is affecting people’s mental health and addressing issues as part of this recovery plan would assist.
· It was a good plan where each part reinforced the other.
· TalkCommunity would be expanding which would also support the plan.
Group Leaders and representatives were invited to present their views and queries from their group. It was noted:
· The recovery plan and the spending of the money was welcomed.
· The general scrutiny committee had looked at some length at the council’s response to the pandemic and recommendations would be forthcoming.
· Tourism was important to Herefordshire. The sector was performing well and there was an opportunity to put Herefordshire on the map.
· There was a proposal to hold an economic summit over the summer for business leaders and the recovery plan could be used as a catalyst.
· There was a need to keep putting an emphasis on looking after the Herefordshire environment.
a) The Covid 19 Recovery Plan 2021/22 is approved, implementing up to £6.144m of Covid 19 funding to deliver the immediate actions required to enable short term economic, community wellbeing and organisational recovery; and
b) The Director of Economy and Place, Director Adults and Communities, Director Children and Families and Director of Public Health be authorised to take all operational decisions to implement recommendation including, but not limited to, the procurement and commissioning of the identified projects (as set out in the detailed action plan in appendix A).