Issue - meetings
Annual Governance Statement: Action Plan
To report progress made towards implementing the agreed action plan in response to issues identified in the 2017/18 annual governance statement in order that the committee may gain assurance that risks are being appropriately mitigated.
The head of corporate governance presented the report.
The following points were highlighted.
· The action plan attached at appendix 1 to the papers had been approved at the audit and governance meeting held in July 2018.
· There was progress for all actions and tracked changes were on the action plan which showed where there were any revised dates.
· A draft annual governance statement will be presented to the March committee meeting.
· A close down of the 2018/19 action plan would be included within the annual governance statement report due to be discussed at the July 2019 committee meeting.
Councillor EPJ Harvey left the meeting at 16:32.
Following a query from a committee member, the chief finance officer outlined the improvements on capital reporting following the Blue School House recommendations:
· There was improved ledger reporting
· Managers can only commit spend if there is a budget.
· The budget is now compared over the life of the project.
· Capital reports which are presented to cabinet and council have greater levels of detail.
· For the larger capital programmes, the projects which make up the programme will be shown.
· The reporting template are now the same in order to ensure consistency.
With regard to the public question which had been re-directed from audit and governance to cabinet, the chief finance officer confirmed that the answer would be provided at the next Cabinet meeting.
That the report be noted.