Disposal of freehold interest in land adjacent to Even Pitts Fownhope
Decision Maker: Acting Head of Property
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
• The council own this small area of land
extending to approximately 0.04ha/0.1 acre. It was acquired many
years ago as part of a larger area for highway improvement works
which were completed and this small piece was left over. Whilst it
adjoins the public highway it is not part of the adopted highway
and highways dept have confirmed they have no requirement for the
• The east side of the land comprises a steep almost vertical bank covered in scrub trees and bushes. There is no retaining wall or other structures in place to prevent a landslip occurring to the bank, which supports the garden of the adjacent property, Even Pitts.
• The owner of Even Pitts wishes to purchase the land to enable him to carry out any necessary works to support his adjoining land
• To ensure best value can be demonstrated independent valuation advice has been obtained and has assessed the market value of the land to be £10,000. This figure has been agreed as the sale price with the adjoining owner.
• The use of the land will be restricted to private garden/parking only
Contact: Sarah Jowett, Strategic Assets Delivery Director Email: Sarah.Jowett@herefordshire.gov.uk Tel: 01432 383302.
Publication date: 04/08/2022
Date of decision: 26/07/2022