Lease renewal in respect of Unit 35, 5 Commercial Street, Maylord Orchards Centre, Hereford
Decision Maker: Strategic Assets Delivery Director
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. The current lease is contracted inside the
Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 meaning that since their lease
expired on 7th October 2022 they have been holding over on the
previous lease terms.
2. The tenant’s wishes to take a new lease of the property on re-negotiated terms.
3. The Shopping centre comprises multiple retail units, some of which have been vacant for some time and it is important that occupation levels are maximized so that the holding costs incurred by the Council are mitigated.
4. The Council’s external agent for the centre Wright Silverwood has recommended the action.
5. The Terms agreed leave the Tenant responsible for payment of the rent, landlord Service Charge, business rates, insurance, utilities and internal repairs.
Contact: Sarah Jowett, Strategic Assets Delivery Director Email: Sarah.Jowett@herefordshire.gov.uk Tel: 01432 383302.
Publication date: 07/09/2023
Date of decision: 07/09/2023