Capital Investment in infrastructure and Assets: Extra Ordinary Highways Maintenance, Bio Diversity Net Gain and Winter Fleet
Decision Maker: Cabinet member Infrastructure and transport
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To authorise the spend/investment in the council / highway asset and infrastructure following the resolution at the Council meeting on 12 February 2021, to allocate £2.299m in Extra Ordinary Highways Maintenance, Bio Diversity Net Gain and the Winter Fleet.
a) £2.299m to be invested in infrastructure as set out below:
· £910k C and U road investment - drainage and carriageway works.
· £250k bio diversity net gain projects across the public realm, public open spaces, council assets and working with partnering groups.
· £750k Market Town Maintenance Investment
· £200k Structures/Retaining Wall Repairs
· £50k Village Safety Initiatives
· £139k Winter Fleet.
b) Delegated authority to Director of Economy and Place (in consultation with the S151 officer) to take all operational decisions to spend the budget as set out in the recommendation (a).
Alternative options considered:
1. Not to invest £2.299m in infrastructure assets, this is not recommended as this would be contrary to the council resolution on 12 February 2021.
2. Not to invest in the public realm asset or into Biodiversity Net Gain. The projects deliver benefits that minimise the risk on the Public Realm network linking in with priorities in the Market Towns and deliver mitigation of the impact of the council’s highway works by improving bio diversity across the county. Not to invest will have risks and require mitigation which would have adverse impacts on accessibility such as roads closed. The Bio Diversity scheme which will see benefits and mitigation of the council’s carbon footprint, will not be delivered. This is not recommended.
Reason Key: Expenditure;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Bruce Evans, Engineering manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07792880548.
Publication date: 06/10/2021
Date of decision: 06/10/2021
Effective from: 13/10/2021
- Capital Investment in infrastructure and Assets: Extra Ordinary Highways Maintenance, Bio Diversity Net Gain and Winter Fleet., main report PDF 258 KB
- Appendix 1 Capital Investment in infrastructure and Assets: Extra Ordinary Highways Maintenance, Bio Diversity Net Gain and Winter Fleet Businees Case PDF 446 KB
- Appendix 2 Political Group Consultation response PDF 91 KB