Q4 Budget & Performance Report
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To review performance for Quarter 4 2020/21 and the final budget outturn for the year.
To provide assurance that progress has being made towards achievement of the agreed revenue budget and service delivery targets, and that the reasons for major variances or potential under-performance are understood and are being addressed to the cabinet’s satisfaction.
The final 2020/21 outturn is a £38k overspend.
The proportion of performance measures showing an improvement, or remaining the same compared to the same period last year is 70%; this is an improvement on the same period last year. At the end of the quarter, 72% of actions from the delivery plan are identified as complete or had progressed within planned timescales.
a) Cabinet having reviewed performance and financial outturn for year end 2020/21, as set out in appendices A – H, had not identified any additional actions to be considered to achieve future improvements; and
b) Cabinet agree the set of measures in appendix G, for use for reporting on delivery plan progress in 2021/22.
Alternative options considered:
1. Cabinet may choose to review financial and operational performance more or less frequently; or request alternative actions to address any identified areas of under-performance, including referral to the relevant scrutiny committee.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Paul Harris, Head of Corporate Performance Email: Paul.Harris1@herefordshire.gov.uk Tel: 01432 383675.
Publication date: 03/06/2021
Date of decision: 03/06/2021
Effective from: 10/06/2021
- Q4 Budget & Performance Report
- Appendix A - Revenue Budget Outturn PDF 304 KB
- Appendix B - Capital Budget Outturn PDF 463 KB
- Appendix C - Treasury Management PDF 293 KB
- Appendix D - debt write-offs PDF 102 KB
- Appendix E - savings PDF 221 KB
- Appendix F - Delivery Plan Dashboards PDF 243 KB
- Appendix G - Performance monitoring 2021/22 PDF 496 KB
- Appendix H - COVID-19 Risk Register PDF 115 KB