Health and wellbeing board
Purpose of committee
The health and wellbeing board carries out statutory functions as required by the Health and Social Care Act 2012 and other functions delegated to it.
The functions of the board are:
a. To encourage those who arrange the provision of any health or social care services in Herefordshire to work in an integrated manner for the purpose of advancing the health and wellbeing of the people of Herefordshire.
b. To provide such advice, assistance or other support as it thinks appropriate, for the purpose of encouraging the making of prescribed arrangements under S 75 National Health Service Act 2006.
c. To encourage those who arrange for the provision of any health related services in Herefordshire to work closely with the health and wellbeing board.
d. To encourage the close working of those providing health or social care services with those who arrange for the provision of health related services in Herefordshire.
e. To prepare a health and social care joint strategic needs assessment (Understanding Herefordshire) for the county.
f. To prepare a health and wellbeing strategy to meet those needs.
g. Reviewing whether the commissioning plans and arrangements for the NHS, public health and social care (including Better Care Fund submissions) are in line with and have given due regard to the health and wellbeing strategy.
h. To prepare and publish a local Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment under S206 of the 2012 Act.
i. To give its opinion, as appropriate, to Herefordshire Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group or NHS Commissioning Board, as to whether they are discharging their duty to have regard to any assessment of relevant needs prepared by the Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group or NHS Commissioning Board in the exercise of their functions.
j. To sign off annual plans and periodic performance submissions for the Better Care Fund.
The council’s constitution sets out the basic rules governing the health and wellbeing board, including composition and role, functions, and procedures.
In line with guidance, the board will meet formally in public when the board is being asked to make decisions and deal with formal business. Agenda papers for those meetings in public will be available on the council's website.
Guidance recognises that health and wellbeing boards will also meet informally for workshops or seminar sessions and for board learning and development. Such events are not meetings in public and do not appear on the website.
- Richard Ball Director for economy and place, Herefordshire Council
- Councillor Pauline Crockett (Chairperson) Cabinet member health and adult wellbeing, Herefordshire Council
- Hayley Allison / Julie Grant Assistant Director of Strategic Transformation / Head of Delivery and Improvement at NHS Improvement, NHS England
- Susan Harris Director of Strategy and Partnerships, Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust (Rep Chair of the Trust)
- Dr Mike Hearne Managing Director, Taurus Healthcare
- Councillor David Hitchiner Leader of the Council, Herefordshire Council
- Rebecca Howell-Jones Acting director of public health , Herefordshire Council
- Jane Ives Managing Director, Wye Valley NHS Trust
- Catherine Knowles Director for children and families, Herefordshire Council
- Councillor Felicity Norman (Cabinet Member)
- Ivan Powell Chair of the Herefordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
- Jonathon Pryce Chief Fire Officer, Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service
- Paul Smith Acting Director for Adults and Communities, Herefordshire Council
- Ian Stead Chair of Healthwatch, Herefordshire
- Dr Ian Tait (Vice-chairperson) Chair of NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Councillor Diana Toynbee Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, Safeguarding and Corporate Parenting, Herefordshire Council
- Simon Trickett Chief Executive/STP ICS Lead, NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire CCG
- Councillor Ange Tyler Herefordshire Community Safety Partnership / Cabinet member housing, regulatory services, and community safety
- Superintendent Edd Williams Superintendent for Herefordshire, West Mercia Police
- Mark Yates Chair of Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Support officer: Jenny Preece, Democratic Services.
Phone: 01432 261699