Lease renewal in respect of Unit 35, 5 Commercial Street, Maylord Orchards Centre, Hereford
1. The current lease is contracted inside the
Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 meaning that since their lease
expired on 7th October 2022 they have been holding over on the
previous lease terms.
2. The tenant’s wishes to take a new lease of the property on re-negotiated terms.
3. The Shopping centre comprises multiple retail units, some of which have been vacant for some time and it is important that occupation levels are maximized so that the holding costs incurred by the Council are mitigated.
4. The Council’s external agent for the centre Wright Silverwood has recommended the action.
5. The Terms agreed leave the Tenant responsible for payment of the rent, landlord Service Charge, business rates, insurance, utilities and internal repairs.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 07/09/2023
Decision due: 7 September 2023 by Strategic Assets Delivery Director
Contact: Sarah Jowett, Strategic Assets Delivery Director Email: Sarah.Jowett@herefordshire.gov.uk Tel: 01432 383302.