Environment and Sustainability Scrutiny Committee
Purpose of committee
Scrutiny is a statutory role fulfilled by councillors who are not members of the cabinet.
The role of the scrutiny committees is to help develop policy, to carry out reviews of council and other local services, and to hold decision makers to account for their actions and decisions.
The remit of the Environment and Sustainability Scrutiny Committee includes scrutiny of:
· Waste and recycling
· Transport incl. active travel
· Climate and ecological emergency
· Climate and nature impact assessment on infrastructure proposals
· Environmental and energy efficiency standards
· Nature strategy - stewardship of natural resources and green spaces
· Integrated wetlands and water quality
· Statutory flood risk management scrutiny powers
For further information, please see Scrutiny at Herefordshire Council.
[note: information about the council’s former General Scrutiny Committee (2017-2022) can be found here]
- Councillor Carole Gandy
- Governance Support Team (Secretary)
- Councillor Jennie Hewitt
- Councillor Trish Marsh (Vice-Chairperson)
- Councillor Louis Stark (Chairperson)
- Councillor Elissa Swinglehurst
- Councillor Yolande Watson
- Councillor William Wilding
Support officer: Michael Carr, Democratic Services Officer.
Phone: 01432 260659