Health, Care and Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee
Purpose of committee
Scrutiny is a statutory role fulfilled by councillors who are not members of the cabinet.
The role of the scrutiny committees is to help develop policy, to carry out reviews of council and other local services, and to hold decision makers to account for their actions and decisions.
The remit of the Health, Care and Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee includes scrutiny of:
· Adult social care (including adult safeguarding)
· Health and wellbeing board
· Adults mental and physical health and wellbeing
· Safe Herefordshire campaign
· Outbreak control plan
· New models of care accommodation
· Talk Communities
· All ages whole system commissioning strategy
· Independent living services and assistive technology plan
· Adults and communities budget and policy framework
· Statutory health scrutiny powers including the review and scrutiny of any matter relating to the planning provision and operation of health services affecting the area and to make reports and recommendations on these matters
For further information, please see Scrutiny at Herefordshire Council.
[note: information about the council’s former Adults and Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee (2017-2022) can be found here]
- Councillor Jenny Bartlett
- Councillor Simeon Cole
- Councillor Pauline Crockett (Chairperson)
- Councillor Dave Davies
- Councillor Mark Dykes
- Councillor Richard Thomas
- Councillor Kevin Tillett (Vice-Chairperson)
Support officer: Ben Baugh, Democratic Services Officer.
Phone: 01432 261882