Issue - meetings
Licensing Policy 2020-2025
Meeting: 11/12/2020 - Council (Item 26)
To review and approve the draft Licensing Policy 2020-2025.
- Appendix 1 for Licensing Policy 2020-2025, item 26 PDF 1020 KB
- Appendix 2 for Licensing Policy 2020-2025, item 26 PDF 251 KB
- Appendix 3 for Licensing Policy 2020-2025, item 26 PDF 479 KB
Council considered a report by the cabinet member housing, regulatory services and community safety to approve the Licensing Policy 2020 – 2025. The report was introduced by the cabinet member who proposed the recommendation to approve the Licensing Policy 2020 – 2025.
During the course of the debate members raised the principal points below:
· The removal of crime and disorder zone from Hereford city centre was welcomed as it removed onerous conditions and requirements on prospective licensees and supported the licensing trade in the county;
· It was queried if a condition could be added to the policy to require events to use reusable and recyclable plastic cups; and
· There was support for the policy which was felt to be a positive approach to the licensee community during the difficulties posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Councillor Alan Seldon seconded the approval of the Licensing Policy 2020 – 2025 as the standing Chairman of the licensing sub-committee.
The approval of the Licensing Policy 2020 – 2025 was approved by a simple majority of the Council.
1. the draft Licensing Policy appended to the report be approved: and
2. that authority be delegated to the Assistant Director Regulatory Environment and Waste to make any minor amendments to the statement of licensing policy, as and when required to be updated by legislation and guidance issued by government.
Councillor Paul Rone re-joined the meeting.