Issue - meetings
Tracking of audit recommendations
To review the progress of audit recommendations implementation.
- Appendix 1 for Tracking of auidt recommendations, item 406 PDF 332 KB
- Appendix 2 for Tracking of auidt recommendations, item 406 PDF 192 KB
The head of corporate performance presented the report.
As part of the discussion on the item, the following was highlighted.
· There were 16 recommendations outstanding in January. All of which have subsequently been completed.
· 90% (124) recommendations due between October 2018 to September 2019 had been marked as complete.
· There were target dates for the completion of recommendations in the past (e.g. 31 March 2019). This was a typographical error and the correct date should be 31 March 2020.
· It would be useful for the committee to understand the totality of the recommendations outstanding and a traffic light system of understanding whether the recommendations will be completed on time. This would give the committee an opportunity to look at the red items before the target date had passed and would assist the committee in being more pro-active rather than reactive.
(a) the committee receive details of the recommendations made by internal and external auditors.
(b) That a report on tracking of internal and external audit recommendations be presented to the committee at the March 2020 meeting.