Quality Assurance Strategy for commissioned care and support services for Adults
Decision Maker: Director of adults and communities
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the updated, joint health and social care quality assurance strategy following a review of the existing quality assurance framework.
The strategy sets out Herefordshire Council’s and Herefordshire Clinical Commissioning Group’s (HCCG) approach to assuring the quality of commissioned care and support services for adults in Herefordshire. It is a review and update of the current quality assurance framework and the main changes are as follows:
· Developed as a joint strategy with HCCG
· Quality standards have been reviewed and updated
· Processes have been streamlined and simplified
· Clearer and more transparent approach and processes giving greater clarity to service providers
a) the joint health and social care quality assurance strategy for commissioned care and support services at appendix 1 be approved.
Alternative options considered:
1. Do Nothing: This is not a viable option as Herefordshire Council is required to ensure it is compliant with the Care Act 2014 and has a duty to ensure the quality of its commissioned care and support services.
2. To implement a quality assurance strategy for Herefordshire Council without involvement from Herefordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (HCCG): This is not a viable option due to collaborative working required to drive quality improvements.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Details of any declarations of interest: None
Contact: Amy Pitt, Head of partnerships and integration Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01432 383758.
Publication date: 07/01/2019
Date of decision: 07/01/2019
Effective from: 12/01/2019