Appointment of Contractor for Initial Construction Works for New Permanent Accommodation at Marlbrook Primary School
Decision Maker: Director of Children and Families
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To award a letter of intent to Morgan Sindall
for the design and construction of the new permanent accommodation
and additional on-site car parking at an initial cost of
£744,856 plus associated client contingency and professional
fees. A total cost up to the value of £800,000. This will
• The design to be completed in detail and the full works agreed
• All necessary surveys to be undertaken
• The creation of a south car park with associated drainage and attenuation
• The widening of the entrance to the south side of the site
• Internal remodeling to create an additional classroom required for September 2019
• Conversion of an attic space to provide a staffroom (the existing staffroom is required for an additional classroom)
• The creation of netball courts by infilling the existing cycle track
• Morgan Sindall enabling works and preliminaries
The costs for the design and surveys were included in a previous record of officer decision dated 24 September 2018. This authorized expenditure up to £250,000. This decision is to authorize the additional spend required to cover the extra items of work pending the signing of the main contract, that is, an additional £550,000.
The full cost of the scheme will be signed off at a later date once the design has been completed. A further officer decision under the delegated powers granted to the director of children’s wellbeing by cabinet will be required to sign off the full contract.
The design consultants selected and engaged by Morgan Sindall are Quattro Design Architects, who were architects for the recently completed Colwall Primary School new build.
Contact: Chris Jones, Strategic business intelligence manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01432 261596.
Publication date: 04/06/2019
Date of decision: 30/05/2019