Delegated Grant Scheme for a Young Carer’s Group/ activities
Decision Maker: Director of Children and Families
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Herefordshire Council will invite applications
for grant funding to support young carers groups across the
The maximum budget allocated for 1st April 2019 and 31st March 2020 is £20,000; the provision is within the contracts budget for this scheme.
Each individual grant amount will not exceed £5,000.
If successful, the grant scheme (at a maximum value of £20,000) will be re-opened to fund activities between 1st April 2020 and 31st March 2021.
All activities will be expected to support the early identification of young carers. Activities may also for example provide:
• a place where they can meet other young people experiencing the same things as them;
• an opportunity to talk to and share experiences, skills and advice;
• the opportunity to learn new skills for themselves as well as for the person they care for
• support for access to education and work the same as all young people; and
• the chance to spend some time away from their caring duties and have fun, preventing isolation.
As well as supporting identification of young carers/ providing some time for positive activities and self-development, all activities will help encourage and support potential young carers to be assessed and registered by the Young Carers Support Service (YCSS) in the Herefordshire Early Help Team so they can receive the information, advice and support they are entitled to.
Contact: Chris Jones, Strategic business intelligence manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01432 261596.
Publication date: 31/01/2019
Date of decision: 31/01/2019