183083 - MAGNOLIA FARM, CANON BRIDGE, HEREFORD, HR2 9JF
Use of agricultural buildings and land to residential development (use class c3). Including demolition, conversion and extensions of agricultural buildings to form 3 no. Dwellings.
The application was approved in accordance with the case officer’s recommendation.
(Change of use of agricultural buildings and land to residential development (use class C3). Including demolition, conversion and extensions of agricultural buildings to form 3 no. dwellings.)
(Councillors Greenow and James had left the meeting and were not present during consideration of this application. Councillor Williams fulfilled the role of local ward member and accordingly had no vote on this application.)
The Senior Planning Officer gave a presentation on the application, and updates/additional representations received following the publication of the agenda were provided in the update sheet, as appended to these Minutes.
In accordance with the Council’s Constitution, the local ward member, Councillor SD Williams spoke on the application. He noted that the application was only before the committee because it was a council application. He highlighted the response of Madley Parish Council set out at section 5.1 of the report.
Members expressed no objections.
The Lead Development Manager confirmed that a condition removed permitted development rights. There had been full ecological surveys.
The local ward member was given the opportunity to close the debate. He had no additional comment.
Councillor Baker proposed and Councillor Johnson seconded a motion that the application be approved in accordance with the printed recommendation. The motion was carried with 10 votes in favour, none against and no abstentions.
RESOLVED: That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions and any other conditions considered necessary by officers named in the scheme of delegation to officers:
1. C01 Time limit for commencement (full permission)
2. C06 Development in accordance with the approved plans
3. C13 Samples of external materials
4. C27 Details of external joinery finishes
5. C32 Specification of guttering and downpipes
6. C65 Removal of permitted development rights
7. CAD Access gates (5m)
8. CAH Driveway gradient
9. CAL Access, turning area and parking
10. CAZ Parking for site operatives
11. CB2 Secure covered cycle parking provision
12. Before any work, including any site clearance or demolition begins, equipment or materials moved on to site, a Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) shall be supplied to the planning authority for written approval. The approved CEMP shall be implemented and remain in place until all work is complete on site and all equipment and spare materials have been finally removed.
Reason: In order to comply with Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations (2017), National Planning Policy Framework, NERC Act (2006), NPPF (2018) and Herefordshire Council Core Strategy (2015) policy LD2.
13. All surface water from the dwellings approved under this decision notice will be managed through a Sustainable Drainage Scheme on land under the applicant’s control as stated in the planning application form and drainage report by HYDROGEO dated July 2018, and this scheme shall be maintained hereafter as approved, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. . In compliance with Council Policy at no point shall any part of any soakaway drainage field be constructed closer than 50m to the river bank or boundary of the River Wye SSSI.
Reason: In order to comply with Habitat Regulations (2017), National Planning Policy Framework, NERC Act (2006) and Herefordshire Council Core Strategy (2015) policies LD2 and SD3.
14. All foul water from the dwellings approved under this decision notice shall discharge through individual Package Treatment Plants with soakaway drainage fields located in the garden of each dwelling as stated in the planning application form and drainage report by HYDROGEO dated July 2018; unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. In compliance with General Binding Rules and the Council Policy at no point shall any part of any soakaway drainage field be constructed closer than 50m to the river bank or boundary of the River Wye SSSI
Reason: In order to comply with Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations (2017), National Planning Policy Framework, NERC Act (2006), NPPF (2018), General Binding Rules, and Herefordshire Council Core Strategy (2015) policies LD2, retained Biodiversity SPG and SD4.
15. At no time shall any external lighting illuminate the gardens or area between the dwellings approved under this decision notice and the River Wye SAC (SSSI) without the prior written approval of this local planning authority. This is to ensure there is no detrimental impact on bat, nocturnal bird and small mammal commuting and foraging in the locality and to help ensure the security of local ‘Dark Skies’.
Reason: To ensure that all species are protected and habitats enhanced having regard to the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended), the Conservation (Natural Habitats, &c) Regulations 2017 (as amended) and Policy LD2 of the Herefordshire Local Plan – Core Strategy and the National Planning Policy Framework (2018), NERC 2006. NPPF-DEFRA Dark Skies Guidance 2013 (2018).
16. C96 Landscaping scheme
17. C97 Landscaping scheme - implementation
1. The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against planning policy and any other material considerations. Negotiations in respect of matters of concern with the application (as originally submitted) have resulted in amendments to the proposal. As a result, the Local Planning Authority has been able to grant planning permission for an acceptable proposal, in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework.