Public realm service annual plan 2021/22
Decision Maker: Cabinet member Infrastructure and transport
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To confirm the annual plan 2021/22 for the public realm services contract with Balfour Beatty Living Places
a) the annual plan for public realm services, as outlined at Appendix A of this report be approved as the basis for service delivery during 2021/22 with an overall budget of up to £21,443,508 made up of £6,231,506 revenue and £15,212,000 capital budgets as detailed in paragraph 47 below; and
b) the acting assistant director highways and transport be authorised to agree in consultation with the Section 151 officer, through the BBLP contract governance arrangements, final adjustments to the programme (including any recommendations from the strategic partnering board) and budget allocation to each of the annex and any in year adjustments to the plan, within the overall budget.
Alternative options considered:
1. Not to approve the annual plan. This is not recommended as operating without an approved annual plan may put budget, performance and contract management arrangements at risk. If in year changes to the service as detailed in this annual plan are required, then these can be best managed, from the baseline position established in the annual plan, through the change management processes that are in the public realm services contract and managed through the client contract management team.
2. To approve an alternative annual plan for 2021/22; this option is not recommended as the development of the annual plan has gone through a robust process with BBLP and the council’s representatives to ensure effective prioritisation and asset management have been applied within the overall budgets available
Reason Key: Expenditure and strategic nature / impact on communities;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: John Manterfield, Commercial and Contract Manager Email: John.Manterfield@herefordshire.gov.uk.
Publication date: 26/04/2021
Date of decision: 26/04/2021
Effective from: 01/05/2021
- Public realm service annual plan 2021/22, main report PDF 381 KB
- Appendix 1 for Public realm service annual plan 2021/22 PDF 2 MB
- Appendix 2 for Public realm service annual plan 2021/22 PDF 444 KB
- Appendix 3 for Public realm service annual plan 2021/22 PDF 678 KB
- Appendix 4 for Public realm service annual plan 2021/22 PDF 293 KB
- Appendix 5 for Public realm service annual plan 2021/22 PDF 235 KB
- Appendix 6 for Public realm service annual plan 2021/22 PDF 196 KB