Approve expenditure of up to £77,000 for professional fees and investigative surveys in order to define the project scope and commence design work for Project 2 at the Pembridge Gypsy and Traveller site
1) To enable the senior project manager to
make decisions with the construction manager around expenditure
necessary to properly define the project scope and to progress the
design proposals with the benefit of accurate survey
2) To enable a detailed and coherent proposal to be produced, which will lead to a more accurate procurement process and the receipt of tenders which are more competitive and have greater cost certainty.
3) To significantly reduce the risk of project delay due to the Council’s internal procedures relating to having the ability to spend the identified budget lines relating to the project.
4) To enable the senior project manager to issue instructions in a timely manner around agreed spend.
5) To enable the senior project manager to authorise timesheets for professional fees.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 08/01/2021
Decision due: 5 January 2021 by Assistant Director for Regulatory, Environment and Waste Services
Contact: David Jones, Senior Project Manager Email: David.Jones2@herefordshire.gov.uk.