Executive response to the Review of Court Judgements relating to Children and Families
Decision Maker: Cabinet member children and families
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the executive response to the recommendations from scrutiny review of Court judgements relating to children and families. The review assessed the response of the council to address concerns raised in the court judgements and the recent Ofsted inspections. The Children and Young Peoples Scrutiny Committee made seven recommendations to the head of paid service and three recommendations to the executive. It is proposed that all of the recommendations are accepted in full and responded to as set out in appendix 1; a further recommendation does not relate to an executive function. The content of training for scrutiny members is an operational matter for the statutory scrutiny officer.
(a) the response to the children and young people’s scrutiny committee’s recommendations to the executive regarding the scrutiny review of court judgements relating to children and families in Herefordshire, as attached at appendix 1 are approved.
Alternative options considered:
1. None proposed; it is a statutory requirement to provide a response to recommendations made by the children and young people’s scrutiny committee. It is open to the executive to accept, partially accept or reject a recommendation from scrutiny committee; should a recommendation not be accepted an explanation should be provided.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Liz Elgar, Assistant Director Safeguarding and Family Support Email: email@example.com.
Publication date: 10/09/2019
Date of decision: 10/09/2019
Effective from: 17/09/2019
- Executive response to the Review of Court Judgements relating to Children and Families, main report PDF 297 KB
- Appendix 1 Court Judgements - Task and Finish Group - recommendations for executive response PDF 368 KB
- Appendix 2 Task and Finish Group - Court judgements Final Report PDF 280 KB
- Appendix 3 Court Judgements (HoPS) - Task and Finish Group - Summary of recommendations and executive responsees PDF 302 KB